【Mac】 Control KKBOX with Mac Media Keys
KKBOX Mac 6.4.40 supports multimedia keyboard control and earphone remote control. Update to the latest KKBOX Mac by visiting Mac Store.
If your Mac does not support KKBOX Mac 6.4.40 (and later versions), you can still control KKBOX at ease by installing KKBOX extension on KKBOX Mac versions 6.0.26 and above.
1. Launch KKBOX and click on "KKBOX" → "Preference" to the upper left of the screen.
2. Scroll down to "Controls" and click on "Download Extension". Your browser will redirect you to the KKBOX Download page.
3. Click on "KKBOX Extension" to initiate download.
4. Double click on "KKMediaKeysExtension.prefPane" and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
5. "KKBOX Extension" appears in System Preferences when the installation is complete.
6. Click on "KKBOX Extension" for preferences and settings. You will need to check the "Enable media keys" for the keys to work.
7. If the Mac Media Keys does not work after installing the extension, please check the following settings:
Click on "System Preference" → "Security & Privacy" → "Privacy" tab → "Accessibility".
Ensure "KKMediaKeysExtension-Agent" has been given permission to access your mac (the item should be selected).
If "KKMediaKeysExtension-Agent" has not been selected, tick the app and restart KKBOX Mac.